Funny mother daughter quotes are the perfect thing you need to read to bring in the dash of laughter on those not so easy parenting days.
While motherhood is not an easy project, it is something that really makes you understand & look at life more closely and in an altogether different light. And so it is bound to come with its own set of hits and misses.
Laughter for sure can bring in that breath of fresh air to any challenges that motherhood presents you with. And so here is a collection of funny mother daughter quotes to brighten up your day.
Funny Mother Daughter Quotes
A good sense of humour is one of the most important skill that a mom can have in present times. While it is important for a mom to give a structure and fit in routines into her kids’ lives, it is also important to let loose and have fun with your kids.
So have a good laugh while you read our collection of funny Mother daughter quotes and pass on the good moods and the good vibes to the family too. After all the Good Moods are infectious!
And so presenting you with the biggest and most hilarious collection of mother-daughter quotes. Also, look here for a huge collection of inspirational mother daughter quotes.
The Witty Mom-Daughter Quotes to Crack You Up
1. A mother’s love is unconditional, her temper is another story. ~ Author Unknown
2. To the daughter who likes to argue with me. Where do you think your attitude comes from? Give it up. I have decades more experience than you do! ~ Author Unknown
3. “I let my kids follow their dreams, unless I already paid the registration fee on their last dream, then they follow that for 6-8 more weeks.” ~ Petite Bello
4. Well Done Mom! I am Awesome. ~ Author unknown
5. By the time a woman realises her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong. ~ Author Unknown
6. All I know is that I carried you for nine months. I fed you, I clothed you, I paid for your college education. Friending me on Facebook seems like a small thing to ask in return. ~ Jodi Picoult
7. Daughters are like flowers they fill the world with beauty and sometimes attract pests. ~ Author Unknown
8. “I don’t want to sleep like a baby, I want to sleep like my husband.” ~ Readersdigest.com
9. Life is tough my darling, but so are you. ~ Stephanie Bennett-Henry
10. Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth. ~ Victoria Secunda
11. “My daughter woke up at 6:06 today instead of her usual 6:00 because we let her stay up 5 hours past her bedtime last night.” ~ The Funny Beaver
12. “I slept in until 7:30 am this morning. The sink is clogged, the dog has a purple stripe down his back, and the chocolate cake is gone. So worth it.” ~ Author Unknown
13. “As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.” ~ Oscar Wilde
14. Now that I am a mom, I know my own mom wasn’t as sorry when she accidentally pulled my hair while brushing it. ~ OneFunnyMummy
15. “My mother’s menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it. “ ~ Buddy Hackett
16. Only a Mom Knows which way to slice a sandwich so the flavour does not leak out. ~ Author Unknown
17. Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. ~ Beverly Jones
18. Having a mini me is all fun & games until she starts acting just like you. ~ Author Unknown
19. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” ~ Milton Berle
20. You know you’re a mom when you go to the store for yourself, and come out with bags full of things for your kids. ~ Author Unknown
21. When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, what I’m really saying is “Please forget.” – @SarcasticMommy4
22. I smile because I am your daughter, and I laugh because you can do nothing about it. ~ Author Unknown
23. When your mum’s voice is so loud that he won the neighbours get up to brush their teeth & get ready. ~Author Unknown
24. When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, what I’m really saying is “Please forget.” – @SarcasticMommy4
25. My kid is turning out just like me. Well played, karma. Well-played.~ Author Unknown
26. “Sure, sometimes I question my parenting. But to be honest, sometimes, I question my child’s childing.” -Just Surviving Motherhood
27. “Mom, I love you, Even though I’ll never accept your Friend Request”. ~Author Unknown
Hilarious Celebrity Quotes on Motherhood That Would Split Your Sides
28. “The majority of my diet is made up of foods that my kid didn’t finish.” ― Carrie Underwood
29. “Sleep at this point is just a concept, something I’m looking forward to investigating in the future.” ― Amy Poehler
30. When your children are teenagers, it’s important to have a dog so that someone in the house is happy to see you. – Nora Ephron
31. I want my children to have all the things I couldn’t afford. Then I want to move in with them. – Phyllis Diller
33. Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them but for us? – Alyson Hannigan
34. I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.-Reese Witherspoon
35. “I’ve conquered a lot of things … blood clots in my lungs — twice … knee and foot surgeries … winning Grand Slams being down match point … to name just a few, but I found out by far the hardest is figuring out a stroller!” ― Serena Williams
36. Becoming a mom to me means you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.- Nia Vardalos
37. “I don’t think so mommy!” is what my child said after, “Can you please pick up the popcorn you threw all over?” ― Anna Faris
38. “Like all parents, my husband and I just do the best we can, and hold our breath, and hope we’ve set aside enough money to pay for our kids’ therapy.” ― Michelle Pfeiffer
39. If I wasn’t at work, I just wanted to stay home and party with my little man — and by ‘party’ I mean, of course, endless rounds of ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider. – Olivia Wilde
Funniest Motherhood Quotes That Are Good for a Laugh
40. I am not an early bird or a night owl, jam some form of permanently exhausted pigeon. ~ Author Unknown
41. It would be cool if my kids could make something I actually want like a bottle of wine out of macroni. ~ Author Unknown
42. Motherhood – Powered by Love, Fuelled by Coffee, Sustained by Wine. ~ Antara Pandit
43. “Bedtime is the leading cause of dehydration in children.” ~ Author Unknown
44. If at first you don’t succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to do it from the start. ~ Author Unknown
45. “I always say if you aren’t yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.” ~ Reese Witherspoon
46. I love cleaning up messes I didn’t make. So, I became a Mom. ~ Author Unknown
47. “I can’t believe how much like my mother I turned out. I feel sorry for my kids.” ― Melanie White
48. “Nothing is really lost until mom can’t find it.“ ~ Author Unknown
49. “My mom said she learned how to swim. Someone took her out in the lake and threw her off the boat. That’s how she learned how to swim. I said, ‘Mom, they weren’t trying to teach you how to swim.” ~ Paula Poundstone
50. “Sometimes I Open my mouth and my Mother comes out.” ~ Author Unknown
51. “I used to have functioning brain cells but I traded them in for children.” ~ Samson Blue Love
52. “The best part of parenting is eating the leftovers on your kid’s plate because anything left is calorie-free.” ~ Author Unknown
53. “Currently searching for my son’s chocolate I ate last night.” ~ Author Unknown
54. “Motherhood is tough. If you just want a wonderful little creature to love, you can get a puppy.” ~ Barbara Walters
55. Mom: “Eat your vegetables. There are starving kids in Africa who have nothing to eat.” Kid: “Can we mail them my broccoli?” ~ Author Unknown
56. “Raising a kid is part joy and part guerilla warfare. “ ― Ed Asner
57. “I love to play hide and seek with my kid, but some days my goal is to find a hiding place where he can’t find me until after high school.“ ~ Author Unknown
58. Kid: “Mom, will you make me something to eat.” Mom: “Get it yourself.” Kid: “I’m not hungry.” ~ Author Unknown
59. “Talk to a rock. You are now officially certified to parent teenagers.” ~ Author Unknown
60. “Don’t yell at your kids. Lean in and whisper. It is much scarier.” ~ Author Unknown
61. “You never realize how weird you are until you have a kid that acts just like you.” ~ Author Unknown
62. “If I ever go missing, follow my kids. They can find me no matter where I hide.” ~ Author Unknown
63. “Is it possible my kids have a buzzer that alerts them when I sit on the couch?” ~ Author Unknown
64. “I am convinced the socks and pencils that go missing turn into Tupperware lids overnight while everyone is sleeping.”~ Author Unknown
16 All Time Comical & Funny Mother Daughter Tweets
65. You can’t take your kids somewhere, spend money on them, and expect them to have a good time. That’s not how it works. ~ Mommy Owl
66. “That moment when your 2 week old baby is sleeping and you wonder if it’s possible to take a nap in the shower while you eat lunch….” ~ @themommyjob
67. “My 2 year old referred to her pocket as snack holes, and this is what I shall forever call them.” ~ @Rebecca Caprara
68. Have kids, so someone can ask you to cut up their bagel, and then ask you to put it back together. – Ohio Mom of two
69. Son: are you eating a pie for breakfast?
Me (Eating Pie) : No. A fruite Casserole. Want Some?
Son: No. I hate casserole.
Me (whispers): I Know. ~ @FoxyWinePocket
70. My kids’ favourite place to go shopping for toys is in the pile I just set aside for goodwill.~ Lurkin’ Mom
71. Me: *breathing*
Tween daughter: God, Mom, quit embarrassing me! ~ @mommajessiec
72. “Mary Poppins’ Voice”
Ok children, Time to Go!
(15 mins later)
I said, LET’s Go – @LurkAtHomeMom
73. Me: Mommy just needs a little space right now.
Child [perched on top of my head]: Why?~ Lurk at home mom
74. I feel like I’d be a much better parent if I didn’t have to do it every day. – Sanarky Mommy
75. My 11-year-old wrote an apology for misbehaving in the car, that included “I love you so much but sometimes forget to care about your existence” ~ @Manda_like_wine
76. Me: Hey kid what do you want for dinner?
8: Do you have cheese?
8: Do you have ham?
8: Do you have bread and mayo?
8: I want spaghetti ~ @lastunicori
77. Sorry, I’m late, my son noticed that his pupils were so cool and that he wanted square ones. ~ @workingmom86
78. There just aren’t enough songs about moms folding laundry and slowly losing their minds. ~ Mommy Owl
79. Asked to switch seats on the plane because I was sitting next to a crying baby. Apparently that’s not allowed if the baby is yours. ~ @mommyshorts
80. What I thought I would say as a parent: “You Are going to change the world”.
What I say as a parent: “Stop licking the window” ~ @mymomlogue
So this is the collection of Funny mother daughter quotes for you to have those lighter moments in your house. Join the fun and share ot with your daughter too to have a good laugh.
If you have a funny expression of the mother-daughter relationship, do share it with me. You can reach me through the comments section of this post. Additionally, you can also Contact me here. I would try to include your quotes too in this list of Funny mother daughter quotes.
If you are looking for quotes to express the perfect Birthday Wish for your mom, do visit my collection of Happy Birthday quotes for moms.